Hey there folks, I’m back? I guess??
I am in the full swing of the semester and as my schedule gets busier and busier, not only am I blogging less but I am also not taking care of myself as much as I should be.
Life does a great job of throwing curveballs at you and unexpected choices that you have to face and basically that is what my life has been as of late. I wish I could post a “how-to” on how to better yourself and be more motivated but to be honest, I know just as much as you do; maybe even less.
So here’s the deal. I just came home from a taking midterm that has been weighing on me for the past week and I need to take this moment to sit down and reconvene with myself. “How did your midterm go, Anna?” some might ask and I have a confident answer, “I did my best”. I am in the process of learning that saying you did your best is not necessarily a bad thing, it means you truly did do your best and you should be proud. Doing your best is a lot of work so go you! Go me!
I am going to list a few of the Little Things that keep me up and going:
- Finally getting a proper desk lamp so I can be motivated to sit at my desk
- Walking in the rain even if I end up being drenched and shivering
- Reconnecting with old friends
- Climbing and yoga. Need I say more?
- Making time to read everyday
- Matthew 6:28 (whether you believe in Him or not, this verse applies to anybody that suffers from anxiety or just needs reassurance)
- My dog (Duh)
- Telling myself “I don’t know where I’ll be a year from now and that’s okay”. Saying this to myself has reminded me to slow down, keep grounded and take it day by day, the future is unknown!
Thank you all for taking the time to stop by and refresh with me. I know I have a lot more to learn and although I love to post about travel and exploring, I feel it is only normal to share my mantra’s in life. These philosophies are the reasons why I love to go places and experience new things and I hope y’all can keep adventuring with me!